Monday, September 14, 2009

why i'm not a morc member

there is a local mountain bike organization (morc) that builds and maintains the trails in the area. i joined a few years ago, and gleefully received a quarterly newsletter. then, one day, i mused that i hadn't seen a newsletter in a while. sure enough, my membership had unceremoniously expired.

i joined again.

one day, i mused that i hadn't seen a newsletter in a while. i didn't do anything about it.

one day, i received an e-mail from someone, letting me know how to renew my membership online. the link he provided didn't work.

today, i received a piece of mail from morc. it was dated september 7, 2009. they informed me that my membership had expired. on 12/31/2006.

this tardy, one-page letter, misspelled my name. it also spoke of the many wonderful services morc provides. it stated they would be honored if i would renew my membership.

so honored, that they didn't include a paper membership renewal form, or even a url to register online.

i give up. ok, i gave up three years ago.

there are lots of worthy causes that want donations, morc being one of them. but until they can demonstrate that they are even minimally competent with their administration, my money will go elsewhere.

1 comment:

Snakebite said...

I'll gladly take your money, spell your name correctly, AND provide cool benefits!