Thursday, June 5, 2008

money, love & change

trey anastasio does one of my favorite songs. it presents a keen interpretation of inter-relationships. the song was not a top 20 hit (i don't think), so it's not widely known to the masses, with the possible exceptions of kexp or current listeners, or fellow owners of the album.

on a side note, it speaks to why i am a proponent of buying an entire album. if i'd only purchased one popular song in mp3 form, i would have missed out on this amazing song. as a bonus, you get the lyrics (usually).


the song goes like so:
I've got a minute, it's sixty tiny pieces of
Your silver dollar, for time is money, money love
Don't set your watch back, who are we to rearrange
These sixty minutes, and I could never count the change

Some live their days hidden from themselves
Afraid of money, love and change
Some live their days hidden from themselves
Afraid of money, love and change

You've got a moment, and give it to a friend
And try to change every minute that you spend
I feel desire measured by the clock above
What will it cost me? Time is money, money love

[chorus]

Well it's funny don't you know
That change is the one thing you can count on
Wondering where does it go
If I had more money I would buy some time

[chorus]

spend your change wisely, my friends.



No comments: