Friday, July 25, 2008

my gratitude

oh. my car is in minneapolis.

i had this thought as i was nearly to the park-n-ride where i usually catch the bus into downtown for work. however, this morning i had a meeting elsewhere, so i drove and parked in minneapolis. of course, by the time i left work, i'd forgotten all about this.

oops.

luckily, there were three gentlemen at the bus stop - having the appearance of being of dubious economic and social status*, and carrying an open case of beer - who kindly guided me on a bus adventure back to minneapolis.

"just follow us."

uh...okay.

we take the bus into st. paul, and when they get off, one of them tells me, "you need to get off here, sweetheart."

then, when a 94d came along, one of them made sure i got on it. "it'll take you right into downtown minneapolis. where do you need to go?"

"central and university."

"okay, then get off at nicollet and get on a 10 or 11 or 17." (good advice, but i did actually know this)

so i learned a new bus route, made it back to my car, and made it home. i extend a heartly thanks to my motley guides. i'd probably still be biking back to my car if it weren't for you.

good karma to you in spades!

*i hesitate to classify people, as it really pisses me off when i get ignored by sales people in stores because i'm not dressed as a stereotypical affluent or have a husband in tow to give me credibility.

1 comment:

Walt said...

Maybe they were deliberately trying to break the stereotype? They said, "we gotta do a good deed for this capitalist." :)